A 32-year-old woman was found dead inside her SUV in a convenience store parking lot, where she was trying to get some extra sleep between shifts at her four part-time jobs, the New Jersey Star-Ledger reports.

Police say Maria Fernandes, who worked at two New Jersey Dunkin locations, left her car running while she napped Monday morning, and died after inhaling carbon monoxide and fumes from a spilled gas can.

She kept the gasoline container in the car because she sometimes ran out of fuel while commuting between jobs. Police said Fernandes would often nap in the car for a few hours before her next shift started.

Her body was discovered 8 hours later by workers at the Wawa convenience store where she was parked. She had made plans to lend her SUV to a friend that day.

"This sounds like someone who tried desperately to work and make ends meet, and met with a tragic accident," Elizabeth police Lt. Daniel Saulnier told the Star-Ledger.

[h/t NBC Philly, Photo: Elizabeth N.J. Police Dept.]