Downing a quart of creamy mucilage in just 12 seconds, Ryan Roche of Lehi, Utah dominated an office eggnog chugging contest earlier this month. His prize? A $50 gift certificate to Ruth's Chris Steak House and three days in the hospital with pneumonia.

"I just decided I was going to win. So I pretty much just opened it up and poured it down my throat," Roche told ABC News. "Two hours later I was laying on the couch, shaking uncontrollably, nauseous, having fevers and panting."

According to doctors, Lehi managed to get the alcohol-free eggnog in his lungs, resulting in an infection.

It being 2014, the perversely wholesome drinking contest was caught on video, providing solid visual evidence that man was only meant to chug booze.

[Image via ABC News]