A teenager in Kentucky was hospitalized and treated for burns after participating in a "fire challenge," a teen craze sweeping the nation in which you pour alcohol on yourself and light it on fire. WKYT reports that the teen, who did not reveal his name to press, simply "poured alcohol on it, and lit it, and it automatically went and burst."

According to USA Today, once engulfed in flames, the teen said the pain was "unbearable." He elaborated on the extent of his injuries, telling reporters "literally after it got put out it was already blistering."

The teen noted that the consequences of his prank were not immediately apparent, stating that the videos never show the end, once the person is purportedly no longer on fire.

[Image via WKYT]