If you've never had the pleasure of viewing the video for Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step," Wayne Brady and Mike Tyson have made a shot-for-shot remake of the late 80's gem. A cameo by Bobby Brown himself completes the homage.
• In what may be the weirdest celebrity extortion attempt ever, a German male model named Edis Kayalar has been arrested for trying to blackmail Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber with a "sexy" photo of the couple's then 7-year-old daughter "in revealing clothing, bound to a chair and gagged." Apparently, the pic had been taking by the girl's former babysitter during an innocent game of cops and robbers and she used to date Kayalar. [NYDN, People]
• All those phone calls that Michael Lohan recorded may ultimately land him in jail (again). A 2005 protective order obtained by Dina Lohan banned him from communicating with her by email or phone until 2011. [TMZ]
• Spend enough time on Twitter and you, too, may find yourself dating a beautiful young starlet! Emmy Rossum says her relationship with Counting Crows singer Adam Duritz "began with a Tweet," believe it or not. [People]
• Did you catch dethroned beauty queen Carrie Prejean's hissy fit on Larry King Live last night? It was awkward TV at its finest. [TMZ, YouTube]
• Mike Tyson had a meltdown of his own yesterday. When a paparazzo got a little too close for comfort at LAX, Tyson dropped the photog to the floor with one punch to the face. Both men were later arrested. [LAT, NYDN]
• The latest recorded phone call courtesy of Michael Lohan has Dina Lohan telling her ex that "time is running out" for Lindsay and she's started drinking again. As for how LiLo feels about having her dad air the family's dirty laundry: "My father knows nothing other than now to sell stories for money instead of getting a real job like normal people do, including myself." Lindsay is a normal person with a real job? Who'd have guessed? [Radar, MSNBC]
• Marc Jacobs and Lorenzo Martone were supposed to get married over the summer. But it never happened and now Martone says the couple's decided to wait until after the holidays to tie the knot. "Who wants to get married during a busy season like this? I don't want my friends having to use their lunch break to get me gifts." How thoughtful! [P6]
Macho men are not so in vogue these days. And, with some help from Oprah, the trend, once so prevalent in pop culture, may very well be dead. Or on its way, at least.
Vincent D'Onofrio turns 50 today. Mr. Mike Tyson is turning 43. Italian fashion heiress Allegra Versace is 23. American Idol's Fantasia Barrino is turning 25. Lizzy Caplan of Mean Girls and True Blood is 27. Nightlifer Noel Ashman, the former owner of the Plumm, is turning 39. Famed conductor Esa-Pekka Salonen is 51. Matisyahu is 30. And actor/comedian David Alan Grier turns 54 today.