Rachael Ray brought Mario Cantone on today to promote Sex in the City. Instead, Cantone chose to discuss another glitz and glam sex romp: Julie and Julia. Watch as he blows through Ray's kitchen and a wicked Julia Child impression.
Actress Felicity Huffman turns 47 today. Actor and comedian Mario Cantone is turning 50. John Malkovich is 56. Violinist Joshua Bell is turning 42. Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle is turning 62. Dame Judi Dench is 75. Nightline co-anchor Terry Moran turns 49. American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi turns 39. Singer Imogen Heap is turning 32. Masako, the Crown Princess of Japan, is 46. Architect Steven Holl is 62. Actor Jesse Metcalfe turns 31. Donny Osmond turns 52. And Kirk Douglas is celebrating his 93rd birthday today.
If you have a sec this afternoon, could you say a little prayer for Mario Cantone? The man has a dream, and if there's anything the election of Barack Obama has taught us, it's that big, bold dreams occasionally do come true: "In the [Sex and the City] sequel, I want Brad Pitt to play my boyfriend! Why not? He gave $100,000 to turn over the California gay marriage law. So, there! He should play my boyfriend." [NYO]
Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman is turning 46 today. Her former castmate, Jesse Metcalfe, is celebrating his 30th. Comedian Mario Cantone is 49. Violinist Joshua Bell is 41. John Malkovich is turning 55. Dame Judi Dench is 74. It's Tom Daschle's 61st birthday. Nightline co-anchor Terry Moran is turning 49. Architect Steven Holl is 61. Singer Imogen Heap is turning 31. Donny Osmond is 51. American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi is turning 38. And Kirk Douglas turns 92 today.
Kirsten Dunst offering a smile to photographers while walking in the Village ... Tom Cruise waving at photographers and later carrying Suri as he headed to the West Side heliport ... Claire Danes carrying grocery bags ... Alex Rodriguez walking through Midtown ... Rachael Ray's husband kissing her on a red carpet ... Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon walking into the theater to see In The Heights ... Mario Cantone pretending to drink out of a pink shoe at the SATC DVD release party ... An unhappy-looking Bono getting out of a car ... Drew Barrymore making her way through a crowd with her hand on Chace Crawford's arm ...Kate Winslet acting goofy with friends ... and Gwyneth Paltrow leaving a party for her new PBS show with Mario Batali.
Ryan Seacrest preparing to board a helicopter at the Chelsea heliport ... Michael Lohan catching a flight at LaGuardia ... Mario Cantone walking through the Village ... Aubrey O'Day and Ashley Parker Angel signing autographs outside their Broadway show ... Rufus Wainwright walking near Lincoln Center ... Mary Louise Parker walking with her kids downtown ... Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes heading inside Lincoln Center to catch a show ... Ethan Hawke shopping in SoHo with his daughter ... Jon Stewart caught in a traffic jam in the Flatiron district ... and John Mayer en route to the airport.
· Theater-goers will be spared Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray, as she's already booked for a Rosie O'Donnell project. [Page Six]
· Frances McDormand, the cover girl for this month's High Times magazine, says she gladly accepted a gift pack that included a joint, grinder, rolling papers and top-quality bud. "This will last me about four months." [Page Six]
· Jackie Collins' next novel includes an actress named Cat (*cough* Gwyneth *cough*) who "is blonde, independent, has a hit movie, rock star husband plus an amorous studio mogul insistent on making her do things his way or not at all." [Page Six]
· Cindy Adams takes a subtle dig at Vogue by pointing out that the rock-star treatment Anna Wintour got at the Milan fashion shows was "All for a mag that's now second in ad pages to InStyle." [Cindy Adams]
· Comic Mario Cantone on the recent terror alerts: "Yellow alert! Orange alert! Who designed the terror warning - the Gay Men's Chorus?...How could they do all this to me just as I was coming out of my depression?" [NY Daily News]