According to court documents obtained by E! News, actor and new father Ryan Gosling filed a temporary restraining order yesterday against a 34-year-old woman claiming to be his "twin soul." In the docs, Gosling says Grace Marie Del Villar has "harassed and stalked and sought to have personal contact with" his family.
Accented lamb-man Ryan Gosling and his beautiful B-movie star lover Eva Mendes have christened their infant daughter Esmeralda Amada, which sounds uncannily like a lost ship in Christopher Columbus' fleet. "The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, and the Esmeralda Amada were the ships that carried Columbus here so he could rape the land, kill the Natives and clear the way for modern peoples to build Starbucks that serve alcohol," I vaguely remember my second-grade teacher saying.
Cate Blanchett walking through the slush with sons Dashiell and Roman after a trip to Barnes & Noble ... A bundled-up Catherine Zeta-Jones walking her dog on Central Park West on Sunday ... Jessica Simpson getting out of an SUV yesterday and later shopping in Midtown with her mom ... Maggie Gyllenhaal arriving at the Late Show with Dave Letterman ... Britney Spears leaving Townhouse Spa on West 56th Street on Sunday and catching a flight at JFK yesterday ... Race driver Jeff Gordon talking a walk ... Eva Mendes eating dinner at Locanda Verde on Greenwich Street on Friday evening ... and Ashlee Simpson attending a performance of Shrek the Musical on Friday, and walking around downtown on Sunday.
Jude Law heading to lunch at August on Bleecker Street with his assistant, Ben Jackson ... Eva Mendes and Will Ferrell shooting scenes for The Other Guys on Staten Island ... Kate Hudson going to lunch at Bar Pitti with son Ryder and A-Rod ... Kim Kardashian arriving at JFK, and later leaving the Ritz-Carlton in Midtown ... Taylor Momsen standing on the set of Gossip Girl in Chinatown ... Scarlett Johansson walking to the gym with Ryan Reynolds ... and Ed Westwick eating lunch at Tortilla Flats with Jessica Szohr and his parents.
• Madonna's "secret weapon" to looking good, at least according to her longtime makeup artist? Her eyelids are dusted with "a mixture of white shadow and flawless, crushed rose-cut diamonds." Certainly sounds expensive! [SW]
• Is Vogue about to undergo a makeover with "a new circle of models" and "an influx of fresh, young photographers"? One blogger says yes; the magazine, however, says no. [Cut]
• Rachel Roy is partnering with Estelle to create a jewelry line. [WWD]
• Coach president Reed Krakoff has confirmed plans to launch an eponymous "lifestyle brand" for the company, as rumored. [FWD]
Jay McInerney's latest book, How It Ended, was feted at the 21 Club on Wednesday night. On hand for the occasion: McInerney's wife, Anne Hearst, Brooke Shields, Candace Bushnell and Charles Askegaard, Gay and Nan Talese, Morgan Entrekin, Nina Garcia, Pamela Fiori, Bob Colacello, Richard Johnson and Sessa Von Richthofen, Peggy Siegal, Muffie Potter Aston, Bettina Zilkha, Cornelia Guest, Debbie Bancroft, Valesca Guerrand-Hermes, Nina Griscom, Somers White Farkas, Patrick McMullan, Robert Couturier, George Farias, Tatiana and Campion Platt, Kimberly Rockefeller, Pamela Gross, Harry Slatkin, Dana Hammond, Harry Benson, and Deborah Norville. [PMc, VF, P6]
• More photos, commentary, and criticism from last night's Costume Institute Gala, assuming you're not totally sick of hearing about it by this point. [W, Pipeline, Glamour, NYM, NYT, SF]
• Rumor has it Kate Moss is planning to write her autobiography. We can't wait! [Grazia]
• Narciso Rodriguez, Thakoon Panichgul, and Maria Cornejo —all three of whom happen to have dressed Michelle Obama—have lovely things to say about the first lady's sense of style. [WWD]
• A tour of Jason Wu's apartment. [NYM]
• Eva Mendes and Jamie Dornan will be appearing in the new ad campaigns for Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear. [WWD]