British deviser of upmarket period soap operas, Julian Fellowes, has left the Abbey of Downton and put his mind to adapting a story about the trendiest star-crossed couple in literature onto the big screen like never before. It's set in the time that it was set in—so expect flouncy dresses, masks, swordplay, balconies, and probably no Hawaiian shirts or "Verona Beach" goofin'.
Katie Holmes and Suri walking in the snow yesterday ... Kate Bosworth waiting for a cab outside the Bowery Hotel ... Ed Westwick and Jessica Szohr walking hand in hand downtown ... Jessica Biel arriving at ABC studios for an appearance on Good Morning America along with Jennifer Garner ... Taylor Momsen walking to her trailer on the Gossip Girl set ... Lake Bell leaving the Bowery Hotel ... and Ashley Olsen getting out of an SUV in front of Cipriani 42nd Street.
• Remember the dust-up a couple of weeks ago when it was reported that Beyoncé had performed for the son of Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafi in St. Bart's on New Year's Eve? Photos of the concert have now surfaced, although the worst thing about them may be how Beyoncé looks like she's the headliner at a tacky club in New Jersey. [DM]
• Is Bethenny Frankel trying to pull a Star Jones? It seems Frankel has been approaching vendors and asking them to "sponsor" her wedding: She'd get their services gratis and, in exchange, they'd get a mention on her upcoming reality show, Bethenny's Getting Married. The only problem with Bethenny's grand scheme? She hasn't had much luck finding companies interested in taking part. [NYDN]
• Here's a great idea: David Letterman has reportedly invited Conan O'Brien to appear as a guest on his show. Cross your fingers! [PopEater]
• Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have not broken up, in case you were concerned. According to friends, he'd committed to working on a film in Wyoming, which is is why he didn't climb Mt. Kilimanjaro alongside Biel. It's not because he didn't want to, say, spend a week living with the love of his life in a tent. He would have totally done it if he could have. Really. [P6]
• Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie donated $1 million yesterday to Doctors Without Borders to fund emergency medical operations in Haiti. As for whether Tiger Woods really paid to send a plane full of medical supplies to the devastated nation, that's a (pretty unlikely) story that Russell Simmons has been circulating, though Tiger's reps have yet to confirm it. But it wouldn't be the worst way to begin rebuilding his image, come to think of it. [Us, TMZ]