America Finally Defeats Mexico In Historic Labor Day BattleRichard Lawson · 09/07/10 10:08AM
Don Johnson's Still Pissed About Not Winning That Emmy For Miami ViceMorgan Barry · 08/31/10 02:16PM
Katherine Heigl Will Literally Never DieRichard Lawson · 05/13/10 10:31AM
Happy Birthdaycityfile · 12/15/09 07:05AM
Julie Taymor, the Tony-winning theater and film director, turns 57 today. Adam Brody, the actor and former star of The O.C. is turning 30. Don Johnson is 60. Stuart Townsend, the actor better known as Charlize Theron's boyfriend, turns 37. Virginia Senator Mark Warner is turning 55. Comedian Tim Conway is 76. And Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir and convicted rapist, will mark his 46th birthday behind bars today.
Danielle Staub's (Alleged!) Celebrity Sex Conquest RevealedJohn Cook · 06/04/09 10:29AM
Happy Birthdaycityfile · 12/15/08 07:35AM
Defamer Goes To The Opera And Actually Manages To Stay AwakeNick Malis · 09/12/08 05:45PM
To some, the top tier of Hollywood society means getting through the velvet rope at The Kress without a hassle, but after hanging with the crustiest of the upper crust at the opening weekend festivities of Los Angeles Opera — in which we took in Howard Shore's The Fly and Woody Allen's interpretation of Gianni Schicchi — Defamer has seen the light. Yes, there’s another level of society out there that's upholstered in rich mahogany and fine Corinthian leather, and I infiltrated it for you. So if you want to find out how the people who dress like Uncle Pennybags from Monopoly get down, strap on that cummerbund and let's begin.I’m no opera buff, but I heard that David Cronenberg was directing an opera version of The Fly and I wanted to go. When I saw that decent tickets were like $250 each, I decided to pretend I was a journalist and get in for free. This worked shockingly well. Not only did I get orchestra seats to The Fly, but also tickets to Il Trittico (a Puccini trilogy directed by William Friedkin and Woody Allen) as well as an invitation to the opening weekend black tie gala. In other words, my ass got hooked up.
How Jimmy Wales gets the ladiesOwen Thomas · 06/30/08 07:00PM
We've always wondered how a schlubby guy like Jimmy Wales sees so much action. It can't be the I-founded-Wikipedia-can-I-edit-your-page pickup lines — for every Rachel Marsden he lands with those, one thinks Wales would get 10 drinks in the face. At last, we've gotten a scientific explanation: It's the stubble. A recent study found women prefer mates with stubbly cheeks to smooth faces or full beards. (Thank you, Don Johnson.) And according to Wales's comprehensive compendium of facial hair stylings, Wales himself is the iconic paragon of stubble. (Photo by EvgenyGenkin)
Serene Britney Spears Doesn't Know Why You Keep Offering AdviceRyan Tate · 02/18/08 07:58AM
- Britney Spears is finally on the right path. Model Heidi Klum made her look a bit more sane by offering to fix all of Spears' problems for her, an offer that of course succeeded only in making Klum look as crazy as Dr. Phil and Courtney Love. Then Spears took another step down the path toward appropriateness and normalcy by going clubbing with her father. Everything was going so well that Spears decided the time was perfect to try on wedding dresses and steal a blouse. She ended up very glad about not wearing a bra.
Don Johnson Encounters Feta Cheese In Larchmont Villageseth · 09/28/07 03:14PM
PrivacyWatch celebrity sightings are submitted by our readers, and are posted several times a week, so send them in often. Submit yours to tips[AT]defamer.com (please put "sighting" or "PrivacyWatch" in the subject line so we don't lose them) and tell everyone about the time you saw the ghost of one of The Others studying documents in a deli.
Gossip roundupGawker · 03/12/03 04:35PM
· Actress Beverly D'Angelo believes LA publicist Pat Kingsley is trying to smear her name on behalf of her children's father, Al Pacinoa client of Kingsley's. [Page Six]
· P Diddy plans on marketing fruity liquors called "Diddy Drinks." [Page Six]
· German customs officials say they stopped washed out Miami Vice actor Don Johnson with a suitcase that contained $8 billion in cash and securities. He says he was "going to buy a car." [NY Daily News]
· Vogue is looking for an addition to the English socialites in their employthe socially ubiquitous Sykes sisters. Vogue's Fashion Merch Manager firstname.lastname@example.org is looking for an assistant with "events background," who "could be trained as a media spokesperson." [Chic Happens]