The Simpsons Smartly Sends Up Inside the Actors Studio, '80s TVHenry Baker · 01/23/11 10:42PM
Danny Devito and David Mamet Team Up for Ghandi IIAnderson Evans · 09/16/10 10:54AM
If waiting until tonight's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is too much for you, and you need your Devito fix right away, why not check out this art-house short written and directed by David "I wrote Glengarry Glen Ross" Mamet.
Happy Birthdaycityfile · 11/30/09 07:33AM
"Real Housewife" Jill Zarin turns 46 today. Ben Stiller is turning 44. Actor Gael García Bernal is 31. Writer/director David Mamet is 62. Model Chanel Iman is turning 20. Director Ridley Scott is turning 72. TV legend Dick Clark turns 80 today. Billy Idol is 54. Elisha Cuthbert, the actress and ex-girlfriend of Sean Avery, is 27. Actress Amy Ryan turns 40. Performance artist Marina Abramovic is 63. Retired NFL and MLB star Bo Jackson turns 47. Watergate burglar-turned-radio host G. Gordon Liddy is 79. Clay Aiken is turning 31. And Joan Ganz Cooney, the Sesame Street creator, wife of billionaire financier Pete Peterson, and step-grandmother to PC Peterson, is 80.
Robert Pattinson's Bowel Movements Will Not Be Reported HereFoster Kamer · 09/20/09 10:15AM
The Return of Vibe, Ling Sisters Look For a Dealcityfile · 08/12/09 01:08PM
• Vibe is rising from the dead. A group of investors led by former cable exec Leo Hindery and its luxury magazine publisher Uptown Media have acquired the magazine. They plan to resurrect the website in a few weeks. [WSJ]
• Laura Ling is shopping a book proposal with her sister, Lisa Ling. [WSJ]
• Twitter was the victim of another denial-of-service attack yesterday. [NYT]
• Facebook is testing out something called "Facebook Lite," which may or may not be a Twitter competitor, depending whom you ask. [ABC News, Guardian]
• CBS had planned to change up this year's Emmy Awards. But then everyone complained, so now it plans to go back to the way it was. [THR]
• A launch party for a new magazine? Could it be? Really? [AdAge]
David Mamet to Put His Copious Words in Anne Frank's MouthBrian Moylan · 08/12/09 11:29AM
Jeremy Piven's Partying To Be Held Against Him In CourtKyle Buchanan · 02/25/09 03:28PM
Jeremy Piven Fishes For Redemption With Diane SawyerKyle Buchanan · 01/15/09 12:02PM
Maybe Jeremy Piven isn't off the mercury—after all, his attempt to justify his recent behavior to Good Morning America was oilier than a soy sauce-slathered eel roll.