Mischa Barton shopping downtown before heading to the gym ... Catherine Zeta-Jones crossing the street on the Upper East Side ... Christina Milian leaving her hotel ... Hugh Jackman walking daughter Ava to school ... Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves arriving at JFK ... Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg hanging out on the set of The Other Guys ... Michelle Williams walking daughter Matilda to school ... the singer Monica sitting in an SUV outside her hotel in Midtown ... Shakira standing in front of the Plaza Hotel ... and Sienna Miller walking her dog downtown.
Barbara Walters turns 80 years old today. Let's hope the View girls all remembered to get her a present. Others celebrating today: Will Smith is 41. Designer Thakoon Panichgul is turning 35. Catherine Zeta-Jones is 40. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is 66. Heather Locklear is turning 48. Actress Aida Turturro is 47. Filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar is turning 58. Tate Donovan is 46. Cheryl Tiegs is 62. And Bridget Marquardt of the Girls Next Door is turning 36. A handful of weekend birthdays below.
Kevin Bacon heading into Da Silvano to meet a friend for lunch ... Blake Lively and Penn Badgley walking down Fifth Avenue ... Hugh Grant jogging in SoHo ... Mischa Barton taking a smoking break outside ... David Letterman getting ready to play tennis with Andy Roddick outside the Late Show ... Maroon 5's Adam Levine walking downtown with his girlfriend ... Christina Milian hugging her fiancé, and later shopping at American Apparel ... Jane Krakowski walking with boyfriend Robert Godley in the Village ... actress Archie Panjabi filming scenes for The Good Wife ... ... and Rihanna taking her brothers to see The Lion King on Broadway.
Sienna Miller walking with Jonny Lee Miller after having lunch at Cafe Gitane on Mott Street ... Rihanna arriving at the Bowery Hotel ... Drew Barrymore on the set of Going The Distance ... Philip Seymour Hoffman riding his bike downtown ... Tom DeLonge pushing a stroller in SoHo ... Christina Milian arriving at her hotel ... Leighton Meester filming scenes for Gossip Girl near Gramercy Park ... Britney Spears riding in a pedicab in Central Park, and later taking a CitySights tour with her dancers ... Jennifer Aniston leaving her trailer on the set of The Bounty in Queens ... Stephanie Pratt going to MTV studios in Times Square ... Hugh Jackman talking on his cell phone while driving with daughter Ava ... Hilary Duff going to the Britney Spears concert ... Gael Garcia Bernal and Amanda Seyfried shooting scenes for Letters to Juliet in SoHo ... and Sarah Jessica Parker leaving her West Village townhouse.
• New details have emerged about Mischa Barton's involuntary trip to the hospital last week: According to the Post and the Sun, Barton was "so high on coke following a marathon three-day bender" that friends thought she might kill herself, and contacted the police. [NYP, Sun]
• Yet another fashion publicist is in legal trouble, apparently. Tim Mark Garcia, the new head of public relations for Marc Jacobs, is out on bond on "plunder" charges and is now facing extradition back to the Philippines. [P6]
• Not surprisingly, billionaire financier Pete Peterson is said to be "mortified" over how his grandson, PC, has come off on the Bravo show NYC Prep. [P6]
• French president Nicolas Sarkozy was in NYC this weekend. And he showed off his "chiseled" body when he went jogging in Central Park. [NYDN]
Tina Brown hailing a cab ... Sarah Jessica Parker walking son James to school ... Star Jones getting in a cab outside the Trump International ... Rachel Bilson carrying a bag from Whole Foods in Soho ... Justin Timberlake hitting balls at the driving range at Chelsea Piers, and later jogging along the West Side Highway with Jessica Biel ... Rachel McAdams and Josh Lucas riding bikes in Soho ... Kate Winslet walking in the West Village ... Jennifer Aniston getting out of an SUV ... Christina Milian arriving at her hotel in Midtown ... and Katt Williams getting in a green Lamborghini outside his hotel.
Serena Williams is 27 today. Others celebrating: Music exec Andre Harrell is 48, Christina Milian is 27, former New Jersey governor Christine Todd Whitman is 62, Olivia Newton-John is 60, and Linda Hamilton turns 52. Two figures on the New York web scene will be blowing out candles this evening: Gothamist co-founder Jen Chung is 32. And Nerve.com founder Rufus Griscom is 41. Weekend birthdays after the jump!
• A new movie about Truman Capote, this time with poorer acting but gayer kissing. [Yahoo]
• Christina Milian, strapped for cash, sells clothes on eBay. The public, strapped for interest, shrugs. [TMZ]
• Norwegian police recover Munch's "The Scream." World's coffee mug and mousepad manufacturers breathe sigh of relief. [CNN]
• Before he starred in How to Eat Fried Worms, 12-year-old child actor Austin Rogers starred in Fuck Factory, which, funnily, also had a lot of worm eating in it. (badump-cha!) [dig]
• Some advice for college freshmen. Oops, we forgot you already know everything already. [Play]
• Sports journalist calls speed skater a weirdo. Speed skater's mom calls journalist's mom to make sure she knows what her son did, inadvertently making speed skater look like more of a weirdo. [Deadspin]
• A New York Supreme Court judge has prohibited the sale of the UES property blown up by the late Dr. Nicholas Bartha, thereby keeping Bartha's ex-wife from making the money he blew the house up to keep her from making in the first place. Bartha's ghost would totally love to make some pottery with the judge while listening to "Unchained Melody," if the judge is up for it.[NYP]
• Like that book we found in our mother's side table that made us very uncomfortable for, like, a month, but with a better soundtrack. [hipsterotica]