This morning on Morning Joe, Chris Noth was asked about a comment that his co-star, Jim Gaffigan, made about his ego. Wait, you're telling me the man who played Mr. Big has an ego? I'm shocked.
Renee Zellweger and Bradley Cooper loading up an SUV before heading to the airport ... Blake Lively shopping with friends in the meatpacking district ... Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi leaving the studios of WPIX on Friday ... Chris Noth paying a visit to the Museum of Natural History ... Annie Potts leaving the Jacobs Theatre after a performance of God of Carnage ... actor Zachary Levi arriving for an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman ... and Leighton Meester standing on the set of Gossip Girl.
• Is Chris Noth giving up on the Village and planning to move his family to the Upper West Side? A tipster tells us Noth and his girlfriend Tara Wilson have visited a two-bedroom apartment at 239 Central Park West on two occasions in recent weeks. The apartment is currently on the market for $1.85 million. [Cityfile, BHS]
• Publishing heir Robert Ziff has closed on the sale of his three-bedroom condo at the Trump International. The 41st-floor apartment, which Ziff bought for $5 million in 2001 and listed for $13 million in 2008, had been on the market for $11.5 million when it went into contract last month. It sold for $10 million to Barbara Stiefel, a Democratic fundraiser from Florida. [bigdeal_nyc]
• Anna Bulgari sold her apartment on East 79th Street last week. Now the jewelry designer has picked up a new home. Bulgari paid $3.995 million for a three-bedroom apartment at 1040 Madison Avenue. According to property records, the seller is Bunny Price, the Tennessee-based ex-wife of billionaire money manager Michael Price. [Cityfile]
Were you aware that Sex and the City slot machines are coming soon to Las Vegas' classiest casinos? They are. (And they pump out lines from the show—like "Hello, lover!"—every time someone hits a jackpot. Cool!) Chris Noth made a personal appearance in Sin City a couple of weeks ago to unveil the new machines. The speech he gave in honor of the momentous occasion appears after the jump for your viewing pleasure.
Fashion publicist and MTV reality show fixture Kelly Cutrone turns 44 today. Chris Noth is turning 55. Whoopi Goldberg is 54. Gerard Butler celebrates the big 4-0 today. Jimmy Kimmel is 42. Film director Garry Marshall is turning 75. Former Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde turns 46. Sun Microsystems co-founder Scott McNealy is 55. Veteran TV reporter Peter Arnett turns 75. Strokes bassist Nikolai Fraiture is turning 31. Joe Mantegna is 62. And NBA star Ron Artest is turning 30. A handful of weekend birthdays are below.
John Mayer getting his hair cut at Sally Hershberger's salon in the meatpacking district ... Celine Dion getting into an SUV ... Chris Noth walking to the set of Sex and the City 2 ... Michael Douglas working out on a treadmill at the Equinox on 77th Street ... Naomi Watts walking to her apartment building in NoHo ... Ivanka Trump signing autographs after an appearance on Regis & Kelly ... Alessandra Ambrosio shopping with her daughter in the West Village ... Taylor Momsen talking on her cell phone while standing on the Gossip Girl set ... Hugh Jackman and wife Deborah Lee walking in SoHo ... Ed Westwick and Jessica Szohr arriving at Ed's apartment ... Tim McGraw getting out of an SUV ... Edie Falco shooting scenes for Nurse Jackie ... Usher walking outside ... Penelope Cruz leaving her hotel en route to JFK ... and Rihanna heading into a recording studio downtown.
• Lindsay Lohan's first collection as Emmanuel Ungaro's "creative director" was unveiled at Paris Fashion Week yesterday. And let's just say the reviews weren't overwhelmingly positive. Described as "cheesy," "dated," and "truly hideous," more than a few critics suggested she get back to acting. And the show ended with Lohan in tears, which probably isn't the most auspicious sign. [MSNBC, WWD, WSJ, Daily Mail]
• Chris Noth is engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Tara Wilson. [People]
• In other relationship news, rumor has it Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are planning to get married, too. [NYDN]
• The David Letterman sex-with-staffers scandal was the butt of plenty of jokes on The Jay Leno Show, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, and this weekend's SNL, not surprisingly. (Seth Meyers called Robert "Joe" Halderman's alleged $2 million extortion attempt a "stupid human trick.") Meanwhile, a second woman, Holly Hester, was identified as another one of the late night host's hook-ups and the tabloids reported Letterman keeps a "bachelor pad atop the Ed Sullivan Theater," although it might just be an office with a fold-out couch. [Us, NYDN, TMZ]
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban holding hands outside their apartment building ... Lindsay Lohan arriving at JFK, checking in to her hotel, and later shopping with her mom Dina in SoHo ... Martha Stewart talking on her phone outside Bergdorf Goodman ... AnnaLynne McCord getting out of an SUV in front of MTV Studios in Times Square ... Alex Rodriguez leaving a restaurant with friends ... Regis Philbin crossing the street on the Upper West Side ... Taylor Momsen leaving a hotel with a friend ... Gavin Rossdale watching Roger Federer play at the US Open ... Chris Robinson walking with girlfriend Allison Bridges in SoHo ... Taraji P. Henson getting in an SUV outside her hotel in Midtown ... Chris Noth standing on the Sex and the City set in the West Village ... and Miranda Kerr leaving her hotel downtown.
• Madonna's trip to Israel is over. And it sounds like it was quite the party. Her entourage occupied a total of 11 suites and 25 hotel rooms; she brought her Italian chef with her as well as all her own exercise equipment aboard her private jet; and she received the sort of reception typically reserved for visiting presidents. Fun! [NYP]
• Michael Jackson's burial is finally scheduled to take placed today in Glendale, Calif. [MSNBC]
• DJ AM's burial took place in LA yesterday. Travis Barker, Scott Caan, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and members of Crazy Town turned up for the small service. In related news, although Goldstein didn't leave a will, he left behind about $1 million in assets. [Us, TMZ, People]
• The filming of the Sex and the City sequel has been getting a little chaotic, since fans have been turning up in droves at the locations. Fortunately, Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth remain unarmed. And extra security has supposedly been hired. [NYDN]
Courtney Love eating and walking ... Sarah Jessica Parker dressed up in '80s clothing and Chris Noth standing around on the set of Sex and the City ... Jon Gosselin leaving JFK with his mom ... Irv Gotti and Adrienne Bailon going to lunch at Da Silvano ... Christie Brinkley posing for pictures at the US Open in Queens ... Kelly Rutherford carrying her daughter Helena ... Aubrey O'Day arriving at the studios of WPIX with an iced coffee ... Taylor Momsen walking downtown ... and Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick shooting scenes on the set of Gossip Girl.
• Jesus Luz isn't making many friends with his fellow male models. At an event last week, the other models in the room were "gossiping like catty girls" about his "big, swollen head," and bitching that he's only booking work because of his relationship with Madonna. Really, you think? [NYDN]
• Lindsay Lohan flew to Maui with her sister and mom, where she's been spotted tanning and shopping at Gucci and Louis Vuitton. So everything is pretty much back to normal. [NYDN, Us]
• Samantha Ronson changed her Facebook relationship status to "Married," whatever that's worth. [Sun]
• Good news for the handful of remaining Sex and the City fans out there: Sarah Jessica Parker says Chris Noth has finally signed on to do the sequel. [E!]
Tyra Banks, Suze Orman, Keith Olbermann, and Phil Donahue were among the honorees at the 20th annual GLAAD Media Awards at the Marriott Marquis on Saturday night. A few of the people on hand for the occasion: Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan (left), Chris Noth, Clay Aiken, T.R. Knight, Tim Gunn, Christian Siriano, Cherry Jones, Robert Verdi, Heather Matarazzo and Carolyn Murphy, Vanessa Williams, Michael Urie, Ana Ortiz, Junior Vasquez, Jay Manuel, Hanna Storm, Brad Rowe, Jenny Shimizu, Stockard Channing, Judith Light, S. Epatha Merkerson, State Sen. Eric Schneiderman, and Hedda Lettuce. [PMc, Wireimage, Advocate, Access Hollywood]
It's getting ugly out there for celebs who branched out into the hospitality business. Robert De Niro's Ago is on the ropes, Jay-Z's plans to open a hotel in Chelsea have been derailed, and now after 10 years in business, Chris Noth's Cutting Room will be closing in January. The sudden closure probably comes as disappointing news for Noth but he can always drown his sorrows at Noel Ashman's Plumm, where he's an investor and which is still in business, in case you were wondering. [Page Six]