In case you missed it, the discussion section of yesterday's post about the upcoming episode of Dr. Phil featuring Jael Strauss, the former America's Next Top Model contestant who's hooked on meth, featured a post from CariDee English, winner of the show's 7th cycle. It's an interesting peek into the very specific situation of what it means to be a Tyra Banks-crowned "Top Model" in an actual industry of top models, and what happens when the platform you've been given disappears from under your feet. Highlights are below:
• The love affair that the media once had with Megan Fox is clearly waning. Now that she's promoted the Transformers movie in every possible venue on the planet, a bunch of editors have picked Aug. 4 as "Megan Fox media blackout day." [NYDN]
• Investigators looking into Michael Jackson's untimely death searched Dr. Conrad Murray's house yesterday and left with cell phones and a hard drive. [People]
• Bar Refaeli was seen getting hot and heavy with her new boyfriend, Brazilian playboy Ricardo Mansur, in St. Tropez. [P6]
• Hulk Hogan and his wife have (finally!) reached a settlement in their divorce case. He'll get to keep his collection of bandanas; the couple's collection of blonde hair dye will be divided between the two sides. [Us]
Naomi Campbell turns 39 today. Actress Ginnifer Goodwin is turning 31. Billionaire oilman T. Boone Pickens is 81. Real estate developer Joseph Sitt is 45. Society dermatologist Lisa Airan is turning 44. Artist Ghada Amer turns 46. Former CNN anchor Bernard Shaw is 69. Alison Eastwood, the actress and daughter of Clint, is turning 37. British tabloid staple, Katie Price, is turning 31. And America's Next Top Model: Cycle 7 winner Caridee English is 24 today. Weekend birthdays after the jump.
1) 7 For All Mankind launched its first Manhattan flagship last night with a Vogue-hosted/Paul Sevigny DJed party and photo exhibition by Tim Mantoani. Among many others there: Dylan Lauren, Gossip Girl's Jessica Szohr and Nicole Fiscella, CariDee English (left), Kelly Killoren Bensimon, Olivia Palermo, Anisha Lakhani, Mary Ellen Mark, Tony Sirico, Rebecca Guinness and Poppy de Villeneuve. [Paper/PMc]