“Jeb Bush is my son,” Barbara Bush seems to acknowledge in a 35-second commercial released Friday—and just in time for Jeb’s birthday!
If anything good came out of today's George W. Bush Presidential Center dedication in Dallas, it is only this picture of President Obama with Bush's 87-year-old mother, Barbara. I have no idea what's going on here—sneeze? argument? accusatory pointing?—but it looks a lot more interesting than the George W. Bush Presidential Center will be.
Former First Twins Barbara and Jenna Bush turn 28 today. Actor/economist/ex-game show host Ben Stein is turning 65. New York Times columnist Gail Collins is turning 64. Jill Hennessy is 41. Christina Applegate is turning 38. Actor John Larroquette is 62. Pop/gospel singer Amy Grant is 49. Philadelphia Eagles star Donovan McNabb turns 33. Famed choreographer Trisha Brown is turning 73. Soul legend Percy Sledge is 69. And competitive eater (and hot dog eating champion) Joey Chestnut turns 26 today.
Joan Rivers turns 76 today. Kanye West is 32. Actress Julianna Margulies is turning 43. TV host Maria Menounos is turning 31. Jerry Stiller is 82. Model Irina Lazareanu turns 27. Barneys fashion director Julie Gilhart is turning 51. CBS exec JoAnn Ross turns 56. Legendary artist LeRoy Neiman is 88. Tech pioneer Tim Berners-Lee is turning 54. Nancy Sinatra, the daughter of Frank, is 69. Tennis star Lindsay Davenport is turning 33. And former first lady Barbara Bush celebrates her 84th birthday today.
• Is Heidi Klum pregnant with her fourth kid? That appears to be the case, since sketches of a gown she's planning to wear in a future Project Runway episode have made "room for a bump." [MSNBC]
• Are you a disgraced sports star or politician? Congrats: You're getting a reality TV show! Rod Blagojevich has signed on to appear in NBC's I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here, assuming a judge lets him go to Costa Rica for the taping. Meanwhile, Michael Vick is reportedly in talks to create a reality show of his own, one that will document his attempts to "make amends for his past." Your turn, Spitzer! [THR, NYP, THR]
• Looks like Barbara Bush and boyfriend Jay Blount won't be tying the knot in Kennebunkport this summer after all. And here we were hoping for both a Bush and Clinton family wedding the same month. [People]
• Dina Lohan was spotted dropping Lindsay off outside a club in LA on Monday night. Because, clearly, that's what good mothers do. [OK!, TMZ]
• That big Michael Jackson memorabilia auction? It ain't happening. [Reuters]