Go ahead and add "indoors" to the list of places where you could get struck by lightning at any moment.

An unlucky woman in Houma, Louisiana, won the lightning lottery yesterday when she was struck by a bolt — while standing in a checkout line at a local Rouses Supermarket.

"I guess it's just one in a million," said an employee. The strike left behind a charred foot-wide tile near the register.

Happily, the unidentified woman was not seriously injured, though she was rushed to the hospital as a precaution.

"I've never heard of anything like that," National Weather Service Meteorologist Gavin Phillips told Houma Today.

It was raining in Houma yesterday, and Phillips ventured a guess that the bolt was "transmitted through the store's electric system."

Business was not affected by the incident and the store did not close, despite being literally branded as the place where people can get struck by lightning.

[H/T: Consumerist, photo via Shutterstock]