Police in Edmonton, Alberta have confirmed the deaths of eight victims, including two children, across two crime scenes in the city's worst multiple homicide since 1956. A "suicidal male" sought in connection with the murders was found dead at a third location.
"It is a tragic day for Edmonton and our thoughts go out to the community as we all come to terms with the senseless mass murder of eight people," Chief Ron Knecht told reporters on Tuesday. "These events do not appear to be gang-related, but rather tragic incidents of domestic violence."
Knecht [said] the victims included a woman found Monday night by officers responding to a weapons complaint at a south Edmonton home.
The bodies of three more women, two men, a boy and a girl were discovered a few hours later at a northeast home where officers had checked on reports of a "suicidal male" earlier in the evening.
"We are not looking at any additional suspects at this time," said Knecht.
[Image via CTV]