Ken has arrived. You don’t know Ken? Yes you do. He’s really hot, has like 23 different jobs ranging from “beach bum” to “prince,” and a set of abs so chiseled they look manufactured. He’s Barbie’s boyfriend — or husband — I can never remember if they got hitched or not. That Ken. Well, he’s here.
Ken is starring in Greta Gerwig’s upcoming Barbie movie, adding “actor” to his ever-expanding list of careers. For the flick, he’s donned a kind of ‘80s look, with a distressed denim vest and light-wash jeans. He’s also dyed his hair so blond that it’s almost white, which I think suits him. It works well with his orangey tan.
I’m loving Ken’s whole look, but there’s something about it that’s a little familiar. If you squint hard, you can see that he bears a strong resemblance to any or all of the following:
- Some guy you slept with on vacation in Fort Lauderdale whose photos still pop up on your Instagram feed from time to time (he occasionally responds to your stories with a fire emoji)
- That really tan neighbor in There’s Something About Mary
- The older brother of a high school friend who taught you how to smoke weed
- The only guy who works at Sephora
- Rob Lowe in The Outsiders if that movie took place in Los Angeles
- Someone with a small role in Miami Vice (the TV show) who would’ve become very famous in the ‘90s
- One of the white gays in Fire Island
- A fresh Q-tip
He also kind of looks like Ryan Gosling.