Solange Knowles—the songwriter, silent film star, and sister of Beyoncé—got married to her fiancé, Alan Ferguson, this weekend. The entire wedding party wore white, Solange and Alan rode around on antique bikes, and Jay Z was there.
— Complex Music (@ComplexMusic) November 16, 2014
- "Ms. Knowles, the younger sister of Beyoncé Knowles, wrote music for Destiny's Child, her sister's former group."
- "The bride's father is a former Xerox sales representative; as the founder and president of Music World Entertainment, he was the manager of Destiny's Child and, for a time, his daughter Beyoncé."
- "The bride's mother ran a beauty salon before becoming stylist and choreographer for Destiny's Child."
- "Mr. Ferguson, 51, is a videographer and director of music videos who works with Beyoncé and her husband, Jay-Z, Katy Perry and others."
- "Ms. Knowles and Mr. Ferguson were first seen together in public in 2008 at an art gallery. They kept their relationship quiet but were spotted at various music functions and at a party with Jay-Z and Beyoncé."
Her sister reportedly wore a caped Kenzo wedding dress designed by Humberto Leon. The entire wedding party, which included Beyoncé, Beyoncé's mother Tina, and Janelle Monae, was photographed for Vogue.
You'll never guess what Beyonce wore to Solange's wedding! http://t.co/9A7ADHmIW2
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) November 17, 2014
[image via AP]