Sean Shaynak, a 44-year-old math and science teacher at the prestigious Brooklyn Tech High School was arraigned on 36 charges yesterday stemming from allegations that he carried on sexual relationships with seven female students from 2011-2014.
He pleaded not guilty to all charges, which include "sexual abuse, forcible touching, kidnapping, endangering the welfare of a child, and disseminating indecent material." He was charged based on evidence investigators found on three computers and two phones. The list of his alleged crimes is so long and ridiculous, we'll just bullet it here:
- He "groomed" students for sex and "would routinely give [one 18-year-old] 100s in his class even though she turned in work with no answers," according to the prosecutor, Joseph Mancino
- He allegedly forced sex on that 18-year-old against her will
- He allegedly carried on a four month sexual relationship with another teen and brought her "to a sex club out of state, where he performed sex acts on other people and other people performed sex acts on him"
- He also allegedly took that teen on a "terror ride" from Queens to Brooklyn, where she "became so frightened that she ran from the car and hid from Shaynak in some nearby bushes while he was screaming and banging on the car"
- He allegedly took a 15-year-old to a nude beach in New Jersey and gave her "Jack Daniel's and tequila to the point where she passed out" at his house
- He allegedly sent dick pics to four girls, including two minors
- He allegedly touched and kissed minors
It seems Brooklyn Tech was totally unaware of Shaynak's actions until one student reported that he sent her a dick pic via Snapchat in August. He was removed from his position, where he was making just over $50,000 a year.
[Photo via Facebook]