[There was a video here]
Remember how Barbara Walters was supposed to retire, and then she was like, "No I'm retiring from The View," and then she showed up on that show several more times? I just want you to consider the source of this information first.
On last night's 10 Most Fascinating People of the year special, a show that was supposed to end last year but didn't and in fact came back longer than ever (two hours!) and on a Sunday, Walters named Amal Clooney (née Alamuddin) her most fascinating person of 2014. Why is Mrs. George Clooney the most fascinating person of 2014? Well, because she's Mrs. George Clooney but also so much more, but especially Mrs. George Clooney. You can watch Babs's rationale above or just read a summary of the supporting evidence via the bullet points below:
- Amal Clooney fascinates one of the most fascinating men in the world, George Clooney, per his deciding to marry her.
- We know little about Amal Clooney, but we know a lot about George Clooney, who married her.
- Because Amal Clooney married George Clooney, she's now in the "stratosphere that we reserve for the Jackie Os, the Princess Di's, the Kate Middletons." One day she will join them all in heaven, too, which should be fascinating for her.
- Amal Clooney's marriage to George Clooney was "one of the greatest achievements in human history."
- "Like climbers attempting Mount Everest," several women attempted to be the woman that George Clooney married, but failed. Amal Clooney then married Mount Everest.
- Amal Clooney is "passionately committed" to human rights causes, like her husband, George Clooney.
- Amal Clooney's mother is a journalist. George Clooney's father is a journalist. Amal Clooney married George Clooney.
- Amal Clooney has a law degree. She clerked for Sonia Sotomayor.
- Amal Clooney has worn one of those old-fashioned judge wigs (see above).
- Amal Clooney otherwise looks gorgeous.
- Amal Clooney has represented Julian Assange and a prime minister of Ukraine. She advises the King of Bahrain and Kofi Annan.
- Amal Clooney met George Clooney. They both wear things like suits.
- Amal Clooney has the ability to speak.
- Amal Clooney married George Clooney.
- Amal Clooney wore a hat.
- Amal Clooney is a perfect person, but more importantly, the perfect person for George Clooney.
Amal Clooney seems smart and well-spoken in the five-second montage of her speaking in the clip above. More than that, she seems like a person who is married to George Clooney.