Noted asshole Donald Trump recently made asshole history, giving a goddamn presidential campaign announcement so racist that the network responsible for Outsourced was uncomfortable remaining associated with him.
NBC, however, is just one of many entities that have distanced themselves from Trump since he asserted Mexican immigrants were criminals and rapists last month. Here, for your reading pleasure, is a current list of everyone who has decided to dump the Trump.
Miss USA Performer J Balvin
Announcement: “This isn’t about being punitive,” Balvin told Billboard, “but about showing leadership through social responsibility. His comments weren’t just about Mexicans, but about all Latins in general.”
Announcement: “We see first-hand the work ethic, love for family, strong religious values and the important role Mexican immigrants and Mexican-Americans have had and will continue to have in building the future of our country. We will not be airing the Miss USA pageant on July 12th or working on any other projects tied to the Trump Organization.”
Trump’s Response: “Under the contract, Univision is required to broadcast the [Miss USA] pageant live on television in Spanish,” said Trump in a statement. “While Univision claims its decision came solely in response to comments by Mr. Trump during a June 16, 2015 campaign speech announcing his candidacy for President of the United States, the decision was, in reality, a politically motivated attempt to suppress Mr. Trump’s freedom of speech under the First Amendment.”
Miss USA Co-host Roselyn Sanchez
Announcement: “I was very excited and proud to have been invited to participate in Miss USA, but as a Latina, that is now inconceivable,” said Sanchez in a statement. “Although I am not Mexican, I am Puerto Rican and a proud Latina, and his comments were an insult to our culture. I won’t sponsor anything produced by Donald Trump.”
Miss USA Co-host Cristian de la Fuente
Announcement: “Mr. Trump,
As a Latino I cannot work in an event associated with your name. The statements you made against Mexicans and immigrants show that you are ignorant. It is unacceptable to launch your presidential candidacy creating rhetoric of hatred and discrimination in calling Mexicans drug traffickers and rapists. It’s a shame that such an important institution as Miss USA is now in the hands of a clown.”
Announcement: “At NBC, respect and dignity for all people are cornerstones of our values. Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump.
To that end, the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants, which are part of a joint venture between NBC and Trump, will no longer air on NBC. In addition, as Mr. Trump has already indicated, he will not be participating in ‘The Apprentice’ on NBC.”
Trump’s Response: “If NBC is so weak and so foolish to not understand the serious illegal immigration problem in the United States, coupled with the horrendous and unfair trade deals we are making with Mexico, then their contract violating closure of Miss Universe/Miss USA will be determined in court,” said Trump in a statement. “Furthermore, they will stand behind lying Brian Williams, but won’t stand behind people that tell it like it is, as unpleasant as that may be.”
Miss USA Sponsor Farouk Systems
Announcement: “Farouk Systems does not agree with or endorse the statements recently made by Donald Trump about immigrants,” said Farouk Systems CEO Basim Shami. “Our company is multicultural with people of Latin American descent making up a large percentage of our employees and loyal customers. As a company proudly founded on the concept of coming to the USA in pursuit of the American Dream, Mr. Trump’s comments do not and will never reflect our company’s philosophy or practices.”
Mexican Broadcaster Televisa
Announcement: “Mr. Trump hasn’t demonstrated understanding or respect toward Mexican migrants and has offended the entire Mexican population,” said Televisa in a statement. “Televisa isn’t indifferent to these declarations and energetically condemns all forms of discrimination, racism and xenophobia.”
Miss USA Judge Jonathan Scott
Announcement: “I’m an advocate for equality in every sense of the word. It makes my soul ache to hear the hurtful comments being made about the people I love. I have decided to step down as judge for Miss USA as I cannot support the views of the powers that be. This in no way diminishes the hard work of the incredible women who are competing nor the rich 60+ year history of this organization. We are all on this big rock together, and I choose love.”
Craft Brewer 5 Rabbit Cerveceria
Announcement: “We would be doing an injustice to the community we serve (and live in) by engaging in business with someone who does not accept our role in society and expresses a rhetoric of hate and ignorance towards us.
On a personal level, if I did, one of the things that scares me the most is sending the wrong message to my daughters. We are active members of this immigrant community and we need to stand up for ourselves, and more importantly, for those who do not have the voice or means to do so. The very foundation of the United States of America was built on acceptance and inclusion. That is what drew us here, and that’s what why we feel so strongly about this.
As a company, an integral part of our vision reads that we are ‘not only based in, but also look to promote a strong and positive image of Latin America, its heritage and people.’ It would be hypocritical of us to sustain the relationship.”
TV Production Studio Ora TV
Announcement: “[W]orking with such a closed-minded person would simply not work. Trump’s comments are racist,” Ora TV chairman Arturo Elías Ayub told Forbes. “At Grupo Carso, we are 100% inclusive, we respect all people, we respect all sexes, races, religions and nationalities. Trump does not think this way. It is difficult to work with a person that does not share our values.”
Miss USA Co-host Thomas Roberts
Announcement: “Best of luck to all #MissUSA2015 contestants this year & THX to the good people behind the scenes @MissUniverse - been a joy working w/you!”
Miss USA Co-host Cheryl Burke
Announcement: “In light of the recent statements made by Donald Trump and the subsequent decision by NBC to cut ties with Mr. Trump, I cannot in good conscience move forward with participating in this year’s Miss USA Pageant as its co-host. Effective today I have withdrawn from my duties with Miss USA. Although I will not be there in person, I wish all of the contestants much luck as I know how hard they’ve all been working over the last year to try and realize their dreams.”
Miss USA Performer Natalie La Rose
Macy’s Department Store
Announcement: “We are disappointed and distressed by recent remarks about immigrants from Mexico. We do not believe the disparaging characterizations portray an accurate picture of the many Mexicans, Mexican Americans and Latinos who have made so many valuable contributions to the success of our nation,” Macy’s said. “In light of statements made by Donald Trump, which are inconsistent with Macy’s values, we have decided to discontinue our business relationship with Mr. Trump and will phase-out the Trump menswear collection, which has been sold at Macy’s since 2004.”
Trump’s Response: “I have decided to terminate my relationship with Macy’s because of the pressure being put on them by outside sources,” said Trump in a statement. “While selling Trump ties and shirts at Macy’s is a small business in terms of dollar volume, my principles are far more important and therefore much more valuable.”
The City of New York
Announcement: “We are reviewing Trump contracts with the City. Donald Trump’s remarks were disgusting and offensive, and this hateful language has no place in our city,” said Mayor De Blasio. “Trump’s comments do not represent the values of inclusion and openness that define us as New Yorkers. Our Mexican brothers and sister make up an essential part of this city’s vibrant and diverse community, and we will continue to celebrate and support New Yorkers of every background.”
Miss USA Judge Emmitt Smith
Announcement: “In light of Mr. Trump’s statements and the subsequent decisions made by NBC, I have decided not to participate as a judge in the 2015 Miss USA pageant. Knowing firsthand through my wife, Pat Smith, how much the women prepare for this event, I continue to send my support and best wishes to everyone competing this year.”
Miss USA Performer Flo Rida
Announcement: “Flo Rida had been the highest-profile performer scheduled for Miss USA in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and his representative confirmed Wednesday that he would not perform,” reported the Associated Press.
Miss USA Performer Craig Wayne Boyd
Costa Rican TV Network Teletica
Announcement: “Televisora de Costa Rica has maintained a relationship of more than 40 years with … the Miss Universe pageant. For all of those decades the pageant has strived to unite the most diverse countries and cultures, it has carried out important humanitarian campaigns across the world, and it hasn’t marginalized a single contestant based on the color of her skin, her religion or her ideas. Because of this, we reject the xenophobic and offensive statements by the owner of the Miss Universe pageant against our Mexican brothers and sisters, and therefore, against all Latin Americans. The opinions of this man, Donald Trump, are completely contrary to the most basic principles of Costa Rican nationality – principles that also guide the daily work of every one of us at Channel 7. For that reason, Televisora de Costa Rica has decided not to broadcast the Miss Universe pageant. We will only reconsider our decision if Donald Trump retracts his comments immediately and apologizes for his inadmissible statements, or if he separates himself completely from the organization of the pageant. Televisora de Costa Rica also has decided not to send the winner of Señorita Costa Rica to the Miss Universe pageant.”
“Trump Home” Mattress Maker Serta
Announcement: “Serta values diversity and does not agree with nor endorse the recent statements made by Mr. Trump,” Serta told Bloomberg in a statement, adding the company is “in the process of unwinding our relationship” with Trump.
Marcus Lemonis, CEO of NASCAR Sponsor Camping World
Announcement: “My company, Camping World/Good Sam, has enjoyed a long running relationship with NASCAR as I believe the vision of our companies both embody family, respect, unity, comradery and diversity. These sentiments are at the core of what our country stands for and will continue to embrace.
Last year, our NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Awards Ceremony was held at the Trump National Doral in Miami, and due to recent and ongoing blatantly bigoted and racist comments from Donald Trump in regards to immigrants of the United States, I would like to inform you that I will not, nor will any representative of Camping World, participate or attend in the ceremonial event if it is held at any Trump property.
Our company will not stand to support any person or organization that associates with such beliefs and we feel strongly about distancing ourselves from any negative and discriminatory comments made against any gender, ethnicity, age group or so forth. I would hope that the entire NASCAR organization would agree with my sentiments.
Please confirm receipt of my letter as soon as possible so that we can discuss this serious matter. I appreciate the relationship that Camping World and NASCAR have nurtured over the past few years and thank you for promptly addressing this.”
Announcement: On Friday, NASCAR announced the racing series will no longer hold its postseason awards ceremony at the Trump National Doral Miami.
“We looked at everything we saw coming down and what we heard from our sponsors and our partners and what we feel we should be doing, and that’s what led us to the decision today,” said NASCAR spokesperson David Higdon.
Trump’s Response: “The disassociation of ESPN and NASCAR with the Trump Organization was covered by the press in headlines all over the world as though it was a major setback for me,” said Trump in a statement. “Really? What were the losses? One NASCAR banquet in a magnificent ballroom at Trump National Doral in Miami for which I will keep their very substantial deposit and rent the ballroom to someone else that night––in other words, two fees instead of one (NASCAR has already apologized to me)!”
Announcement: ESPN announced on Monday that it was moving the upcoming ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic from Trump National Golf Club in Los Angeles to Pelican Hill Golf Club.
“We decided it was appropriate to change the venue, and are grateful for the opportunity to stage the event at Pelican Hill on short notice,” said the company in a statement. “This charity outing benefits The V Foundation’s Stuart Scott Memorial Cancer Research Fund, providing resources for important cancer research for minority populations, including Hispanics and African Americans. Our decision reflects our deep feelings for our former colleague and support for inclusion of all sports fans. Diversity and inclusion are core values at ESPN and our decision also supports that commitment.”
Trump’s Response: “The disassociation of ESPN and NASCAR with the Trump Organization was covered by the press in headlines all over the world as though it was a major setback for me,” said Trump in a statement. “In the case of ESPN, they cancelled a simple golf outing at my course, Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, perhaps the most valuable parcel of land in all of golf. Likewise, they lost a large deposit. I will now let people use the course on that day, receiving substantial additional greens fee income. Again, I get two fees instead of one.”
The PGA of America
Announcement: “The PGA of America met with Donald J. Trump yesterday and the parties mutually agreed that it is in the best interest of all not to conduct the 2015 PGA Grand Slam of Golf at Trump National — Los Angeles. The PGA of America is in the process of exploring options, including a venue for its annual PGA Junior League Golf Championship, and will comment further at the appropriate time.”
Celebrity Chef and Restaurateur Jose Andres
Announcement: “Donald Trump’s recent statements disparaging immigrants make it impossible for my company and I to move forward with opening a successful Spanish restaurant in Trump International’s upcoming hotel in Washington, D.C. More than half of my team is Hispanic, as are many of our guests. And, as a proud Spanish immigrant and recently naturalized American myself, I believe that every human being deserves respect, regardless of immigration status.”
Iron Chef and Restaurateur Geoffrey Zakarian
Announcement: “The recent statements surrounding Mexican immigrants by Donald Trump do not in any way align with my personal core values,” said Zakarian in a statement. “In light of this, I am unable to move forward with a restaurant in the Trump International Hotel. … Zakarian Hospitality employs many immigrants from nations all over the world, and I look forward to continuing this business culture in my future restaurants. We are a nation built from immigrants, my family included.”
Announcement: On Thursday, the FAA announced it would be renaming “DONLD,” “TRMMP” and “UFIRD”—three navigational points (or “fixes”) near Palm Beach International Airport named in Trump’s honor by an air traffic controller in 2010.
“The FAA is taking steps to rename three ‘fixes’ near PBI,” said the agency in a statement. “In general, the FAA chooses names that are non-controversial and relate to the area in which the fixes are located.”
This list has been updated to include new break-ups.
[Image via Getty Images]