You know that old saying, "don't store your bullets in the oven?"

Well, one Florida man had apparently never heard it — and his waffle-making friend ended up paying the price.

While visiting her friend Javarski "JJ" Sandy earlier this week, 18-year-old Aalaya Walker was suddenly struck by a craving for some nighttime waffles.

Walker headed into the kitchen and began preheating the oven when an explosion occurred and she was struck by something entirely different: Bullets.

It seems Sandy, 25, had been storing the high-capacity magazine from his .45-caliber Glock 21 in the oven for reasons that remain unclear.

At least two bullet fragments embedded themselves in Walker's chest and leg, but the injuries were not severe, and the teen was able to hop on a bus to the hospital by herself.

Sandy later showed officers the melted magazine and noted that it had four rounds in it at the time of the incident.

In the official police report, an officer wrote that Sandy "stated that he does not have a temperature gauge on the oven so he estimates the temperature based on how far the knob is turned."

No charged were filed against Sandy because he has a valid concealed weapons permit.

[photo via Shutterstock]