Skrillex (né Sonny Moore) was the guest of honor at a private birthday party in Hollywood Tuesday night, when a close encounter with some birthday candles nearly left the dubstepper bereft of his signature tatty coiffure.

As Skrillex bent over to give the candles a good blow, fire suddenly took hold of a few greasy strands hung perilously over the flames.

Thankfully, no substantial damage was done to his 'do, and he was soon back to confusing old people with what passes for music these days.

Call 911 Now: Skrillex Lights Hair on Fire During Birthday Candle Blow Out
This image was lost some time after publication.

[video via TMZ]