- First of all, she has one of those great girl names comprised entirely of male names: Timmie Jean Lindsey.
- Her surgery took place in 1962 at Jefferson Davis Hospital in Houston, making fake boobs Jefferson Davis' greatest legacy.
- Timmie Jean was at the hospital to have tattoos (roses and vines) removed from her breasts.
- She was a mother of six.
- Doctors asked if Timmie Jean wouldn't mind volunteering to be the first recipient of silicone breast implants, but she was more concerned about getting her ears pinned back.
- "My ears stood out like Dumbo!" she says.
- The doctors agreed to pin her ears back, gratis, if she'd let them roam around inside her tatas for a few hours.
- Timmie Jean was all over it.
- The operation bumped Timmie Jean's natural B cup up to a C.
- She "thought they came out just perfect… They felt soft and just like real breasts."
- [Mad] Men on the street agreed; she got a lot of wolf whistles post-implants.
- Timmie Jean didn't tell most friends or family about the surgery for decades, allowing them to draw their own conclusions after realizing her breasts had jumped a cup size overnight.
- Fifty years on, she admits they're a little saggier than she'd like them to be.
- She is awesome and she can recognize things that are awesome:
"'It's kind of awesome to know that I was first,' she says."
[Image via Getty]