Most Demented Questions from Quora, the Q&A Website the White House Will Soon Use
After the State of the Union address, White House officials will answer questions on Quora, a start-up website that relies on the wisdom of crowds to select the "best" answers to open-ended questions.
As is often the case with crowdsourced material, Quora's questions range from fascinating to outrageously stupid, impossibly self-righteous, and painfully sad. Not that the bad ones aren't fascinating in their own way. Imagine a White House official diplomatically dodging the following questions:
- How Many Tons of Boobies Are in the World?
Most upvoted answer: "3.5 million tons."
- Are Computer Programmers Essentially Slave Owners?
Most upvoted answer: Not really.
- Do Men Feel Cheated When a Woman Wears an Extra-Padded Bra, to the Point Where Her Breasts Appear One or More Cup Sizes Larger Than Reality?
Most upvoted answer: "Yes, we do, dammit." But "it's not just about the size of your boobs."
- What Is It Like to Have a Vagina?
Most upvoted answer: Horror story about "gunk and smell," "squashes and pinches," "very unpleasant," "chafing and wedgies," "fundamental vulnerability." Note that majority of upvotes came from men.
- What Is It Like Having a Period?
Most upvoted answer: Horror story uncontrollable emotions, incessant crying, "blood everywhere," "straight out of Dexter," inability to function in workplace, unquenchable thirst for "dirty fuck sessions." Note that majority of upvotes came from men.
- What Is the Best One-Liner Pick-Up Line?
Most upvoted answer: "That shirt's very becoming on you. Of course, if I were on you I'd be coming, too."
- What Does It Feel Like To Have a Trophy Wife?
Most upvoted answer: "a never-ending doubt and a disquiet in your mind."
- If You Injure a Bug Should You Kill It Or Let It Live?
Most upvoted answer: Bugs don't have feelings, doesn't matter.
- Does It Turns Girls Off to Find Out That a Guy Has a Morbidly Obese Cat?
Most upvoted answer: "My hypothesis would be yes, girls do not like fatass cats."
- Why Do Some Women Get Dressed Up Sexily When They Go to a Club or Bar If They Don't Want to Get Hit on by Men?
Most upvoted answer: "Some women, sure, want to be beaten over the head and dragged home caveman style." But "some women like to look pretty," so "judge accordingly."
- Is Falling in Love Like What It's Like in Romantic Comedies?
Most upvoted answer: "Yes."
- How Do You Prevent Yourself from Falling in Love with a Prostitute?
No answers at press time.