A restaurant in Edinburgh recently held a spicy curry eating competition that wound up being a "shambles," as several people got sick and two were hospitalized.

An American student was one of the regretful contestants who ate the "killer curry" for the charity competition. It will be her last time doing so:

"It was very painful and felt like I was being chainsawed in the stomach with hot sauce on the chainsaw.

I have learned my lesson and will never do it again and, in fact, I will be cutting down on my spice intake full stop."

You should probably cut down on doing charity stuff too. It never ends well.

The restaurant is now in the doghouse, with a local council member saying, "The owners owe a debt to the ambulance service, and I hope they'll find some way of making it up to them." I'm guessing offering them free curry will not do the trick. [BBC, image via Shutterstock]