Yes, it's Hunger Games time again, and the Ryan-Quaid offspring is one of today's selected tributes. Also today: The Good Wife keeps on a good character, Christopher Nolan keeps on some good actors, Demi Lovato bows out of Disney, and Isla Fisher heads to West Egg.
- OMG OMG, Hunger Games castapalooza! Do you want the kids news first or the grownup news? The kid news, duhh. Two new tributes have been cast, the Careers from District 1. And it's kinda funny casting! The boy tribute, Marvel, will be played by Jack Quaid, son of Dennis and Meg Ryan, and the girl tribute, Glimmer, will be played by none other than Leven Rambin, actress and sister of former Gawker fixation Mary Rambin. Girl is moving up in the world! Neither of these parts are particularly big, they're no Cato and Clove or anything, but they do have a special relationship to the protagonist. That's all I'll say. The grownup news is that Elizabeth Banks is in talks to play the role of Effie, the only-sorta-evil woman who acts as the handler for the two lead characters. Oh, heck, it's silly to explain that. If you care, you know who she is. If you don't, you just don't and that's OK. (Someone help me, I need help.) [THR, EW]
- Pepper Dennis star Rebecca Romijn-Stamos-O'Connell has been cast in the latest film from Kid's Choice Award-winner Tyler Perry. She'll star alongside Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy in Good Deeds, in which Perry will play a character named Glen Deeds. So do you get it? Do get the title now? [Deadline]
- Aw nuts. Demi Lovato, troubled Disney starlet, is officially leaving her TV show Sonny With a Chance of Slapping a Backup Dancer on a Private Jet. She's still in recovery for emotional and physical issues, and figured that returning to the grind of making a weekly television show was, y'know, not really going to be conducive to getting better. Good choice! I'm a mess without having been on a Disney TV show, so I can't imagine what actually being on one would do to the human brain. I imagine it turns bright pink and develops lots of holes, with strange neon blue electricity coursing across it. So it looks like the set to a Disney show, basically. [THR]
- The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan sure is loyal to his friends. He's now officially cast his Inception buddies Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard, which had long been rumored. Cotillard will play a Wayne Industries board member trying to get a Rachel-sad Bruce back on the business horse, and Gordon-Levitt will play a policeman working under Commissioner Gordon. Joseph Gordon-Levitt in uniform? That's... that's just... like... ew. Totally... gross. [EW]
- Borat's ladyfriend Isla Fisher has been cast in Baz Luhrmann's impending Great Gatsby movie as Tom Buchanan's flighty and ill-fated mistress Myrtle. That's actually pretty good casting? I'm still not sure how I feel about Leo DiCaprio as Gatsby. I definitely don't like Tobey Maguire as Nick. Carey Mulligan as Daisy is whatever. And Ben Affleck potentially playing Tom is... strange. But Isla Fisher as Myrtle totally works! Myrtle workles! [THR]
- Though Chris Noth has won his election and therefore probably doesn't need a campaign manager, Alan Cumming will continue in that role on The Good Wife for season three. So that's good. He's great on the show. One hopes, of course, that next season they'll finally give him the Emcee-style musical number he so richly deserves. [Deadline]
[Photo via AP]