Mel Gibson Either Beat His Girlfriend or Rescued His Baby From Her
Mel Gibson is either a hero or a villain. Emma Watson dates an indie rocker. Mena Suvari: Married! Zach Morris: Divorced! The other Randy Jackson: speaking out! Sunday's Gossip Roundup is glitchy, not bitchy.
- The back-and-forth between Mel Gibson and his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva over the restraining order she took out against him Monday continues. His people say Grigorieva is lying when she says Gibson beat her up in January. They say that the two were arguing and Oksana started shaking their baby girl, Lucia. There was physical contact, but only because Mel was trying to get the baby away from her. But Grigorieva's people say Mel is lying and that the story of the January encounter is completely reversed: "She tried to protect the baby during one of Gibson's violent episodes when he punched Oksana in the face two times, breaking her teeth and giving her a concussion." [TMZ][TMZ]
- Harry Potter star Emma Watson has CONFIRMED that she is dating English indie rocker George Craig—frontman of the band One Night Only. She was in his band's music videos and everything! Look for the upcoming glockenspiel-heavy One Night Only album: "How Emma Watson Broke My Heart". [JustJared]
- Mena Suvari and concert producer Simone Sestito got married today in Vatican City, Italy. No jokes here, just a fact.
- Whoops, Mark-Paul Gosselaar got divorced from his wife, Lisa Ann Russell. You may remember Gosselaar as Scott in the 1993 direct-to-video movie White Wolves: A Cry in the Wild II. Just kidding, you may remember him as Zach Morris in Saved By the Bell. And nothing else, ever, for the rest of his life. [TMZ]
- Randy Jackson is complaining that his family is being manipulated. Not American Idol Randy Jackson, but Michael Jackson's brother, Randy Jackson. God, that's confusing. We'll call the Rand Jackson we're talking about now "Randy Jackson II". [TMZ]
- Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren were in the same general vicinity, belatedly celebrating their daughter Sam's 3rd birthday. There was a huge cake and hopefully one of Tiger Woods' mistresses didn't jump out of it but, hey, it's Tiger so you never know. Tiger was supposed to be there for Sam's real birthday party on June 18th, but instead decided to suck it out at the U.S. Open. Karma is real. [Radar]
- Oh no! Gwyneth Paltrow has a Vitamin D deficiency! This could lead to her getting osteoporosis in the future. Maybe she should stop eating only kale smoothies. [Celebitchy]
- Should we be more worried about Gossip Girl star Taylor Momsen than we are about Miley Cyrus? PopEater does! They say that Taylor, with her crazy goth makeup and the smoking and whatnot is on the path toward destruction while Miley Cyrus is just a rebellious teen. Taylor Momsen said that she "wants to be Kurt Cobain!" Wait… what if we're not worried about either of them? [Popeater]