The Center for Disease Control has released the results of a survey about birth control and pregnancy given to almost 3,000 teens between the ages of 15 and 19. What did they find out?

The survey was conducted on 2,800 teens at their homes by "trained female interviewers," which, you know, get your mind out of the gutter! The results are broadly in line with a similar survey given in 2002, but with a few notable exceptions. Some of the facts:

  • Around 42 per cent of unmarried teenagers between the ages of 15 and 19 have had sex before. The other 58 per cent totally could have, if they had wanted to, with this girl, from camp. In Canada.
  • Ninety-eight per cent of teens who have had sex used birth control at least once, usually a condom.
  • Some 17 per cent of sexually active teen girls have used "the rhythm method," also known as, "guessing," up from 11 per cent in 2002.
  • Sixty-four per cent of teen boys and 70 per cent of teen girls think it's OK to have a child out of wedlock. I hope they think it's "OK" to go to hell!

Experts in hot teen sexx think that the fact that pregnancy rates are no longer falling can be at least in part attributed to the increased use of the rhythm method. AP has its own ideas:

The survey was conducted at a time of some highly publicized pregnancies of unmarried teens, including Bristol Palin, the daughter of former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, and Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney's kid sister. The 2007 movie "Juno," a happy-ending tale of a teen girl's accidental pregnancy, was popular at the time.