This six-month old puppy ate some fridge-magnet letters. Precious! Precocious! But: dangerous.

It's true. Not just a few magnetic letters, mind you, but the entire fucking alphabet. Doctors at Seattle Grace a PDSA hospital (which is basically Seattle Grace but for British cats and dogs, who get awesome health care) had to perform emergency surgery on Jack, a golden lab. The prize is in the pullquote, though. Says Dr. McBarkey*:

"We had to operate straight away with both a gastrotomy, where we opened up his tummy, and an enterotomy, to remove more pieces of fridge magnets that had made their way to his intestine.

The letters were well chewed and not easy to identify."

*Not his real name. Sadly.