US Capitol Evacuated!
Oh boy, a Capitol Police alert! Everyone evacuate the US Capitol Visitors Center ASAP and then Twitter about it!
So the zillion-dollar new CVC is being evacuated right now. We have no clue why, yet.
From: US Capitol Police
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:25 AM
To: All House Staff
Subject: Evacuation of the Capitol Visitors Center (CVC).
This is a message from the U.S. Capitol Police
1. An evacuation has been ordered for the Capitol Visitors Center (CVC).
2. Remain calm and move in a safe manner to the exits.
3. If nearby, grab Go-Kits and personal belongings on the way out.
4. Close doors behind you, but do not lock. Avoid using elevators.
5. Proceed home. Or, if your office has an alternate off-campus meeting place, proceed to that alternate site if directed by your management.
6. Once at home, you can call 1-888-446-4366 or 202-226-6661 for recorded information.
7. If you are not in the (designated HOBs), please stay clear of the building.
Please do not respond to this e-mail. This mailbox is unattended. End of message.
Bomb? Shooter? Or... god, it better not be more fucking tea. Did you know losers across the nation are mailing teabags to congressman to protest, uh, everything? Maybe someone sent in looseleaf ANTHRAX.
We'll update as we learn more.
Update: It was a fire alarm! Everyone calm down, the New American Ron Paul rEVOLution is not yet at hand.