This kid, David Karp, the Tumblr founder—he's now a confirmed (notional) multimillionaire! That means it's time for a field guide, in case you need to hit him up for money soon. Which you will.
Here is what we know so far, gleaned from a historical combing-through of the Gawker archives, America's number one source of Fameball historiography:
- In early 08, Karp really started becoming a media "boy wonder" for inventing a slightly easier way to blog. This moniker was undeserved.
- He accused Sierra Mist of ripping off an ad idea from him, which he ripped off from Apocalypse Now.
- He likes to make beautiful music with Julia Allison.
- Karp is bestest friends with IminLikeWithYou's Charles Forman, but not in a homosexual way, regardless of how you may interpret their photographs together.
- He went out with CNET writer Caroline McCarthy. Later they broke up and became slightly passive-aggressive.
- He is a "Playboy of Tech," allegedly, whatever that means.
- And now his non-revenue-producing company is worth $15 million (ON PAPER)!
He's just like all young men, except (notionally) richer. Soon he will be forced to retreat to a mountaintop fortress to protect his microblogging fortune from the hungry hordes of urban paupers, Tumblr-img requests for him to donate money to them and shit. Sad. [Pic: Flickr]