Miley Cyrus Sleeping With The Enemy. Figuratively! (Praise Jesus.)
· Most Powerful Tween on the Planet Miley Cyrus manages to finagle her way out her billion-year Disney contract for one magical evening, headlining their blood rival Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards. Still, she must return to Cinderella's Castle* in Anaheim by midnight, or her career will be turned into "a fucking Debbie Gibson state-fair-touring pumpkin, mark my words," said her fairy Bob Iger-mother. [Variety]
· Tobey Maguire is attached to produce Afterburn, an adaptation of a futuristic comic about treasure hunters who venture into the half of the planet scorched by a solar flare to retrieve valuable surviving artifacts, like the Venus de Milo and Cher. [Variety]
· After the story about the kid who lived at his parents' house who sold his first script to Ridley Scott for $650,000 vs. $1.1 million with Leo D. attached to star, we thought God had doled out all the screenwriter miracles for the month. Wrong! "A Staten Island tollbooth worker in desperate need of a car wrote a crime thriller spec titled Brooklyn's Finest last year. Now he finds himself rubbing shoulders with some of Hollywood's finest, including Richard Gere, Don Cheadle, Ethan Hawke and Antoine Fuqua." Why do we get a feeling the next time our mom calls us at work, it'll be to tell us she just sold her first spec to Sony "for mid-sixes?" [THR]
· More Oliver Stone's Bush (it's actually called W) casting news: James Cromwell and Ellen Burstyn are attached to play George Herbert and Barbara. [Variety]
· Elisha Cuthbert returns to primetime, maybe, as she was cast as the lead in CBS pilot Ny-Lon, playing the role of the "bohemian New York record store clerk" originated in the UK version by Rashida Jones, who got screwed over by signing herself over to that crappy Farrelly sitcom on Fox. [THR]
*We're informed by someone well-versed in Disney princess castles that Cinderella's Castle is in Orlando and Tokyo, while Anaheim is the home of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. We apologize for any castle confusion.