Tina Fey Recalls Career Highlight Of Working With That 'Piece Of Shit' Paris Hilton
Former SNL head writer and current 30 Rock inspiration/star/showrunner Tina Fey was a guest on Howard Stern's Sirius radio show this morning, and she was pleasantly forthcoming with some behind-the-scenes reminiscences of Paris Hilton's stint as guest host. CityRag jotted down some of the fond memories:
Tina said the hosts are usually great, but every couple of years you get a bad one - like Paris Hilton who was a "piece of shit"! Tina didn't hold back on how much she and the cast hated Paris. We transcribed some of her hilarious comments...
· She said Paris had "the hair of Fraggle", and left "nasty wads of Barbie hair on the floor" from her "cheap weave"!
· Tina caught Paris's giant man hands and said they were as long as her forearm.
· Paris actually takes herself seriously and "embraces her stupidity".
· She asked them to write a skit so she could play Jessica Simpson "because I hate her" "she's fat".
· Paris was so uninterested in anyone else the staff had a bet to see if she would ask anyone something personal (like "how are you")
Considering Fey is one of TV's most successful writers, we found her likening of the internationally regarded hotel heiress and fragrance mogul to a "piece of shit" to be somewhat prosaic, and a far cry, for example, from the lyrical heights of the anonymous internet wordsmith who once compared Hilton to a "fart in a mitten." Still, there's something refreshing in knowing that all those intimate asides shared during the show's closing credits aren't always friendly, and that what Rachel Dratch, the repertory's go-to player for prepubescent boy roles, was probably whispering into Hilton's ear under that sleepy saxophone solo was a sentiment along the lines of, "For the tenth time—I know Rachel is a girl's name, you fucking moron. I am a girl."