Attendees of Midwest FurFest—Illinois' premier convention for people who like dressing up as anthropomorphic animals—were forced to flee a suburban Chicago hotel in full costume after it was hit with a seemingly deliberate chlorine gas leak.

19 people were sent to the hospital Sunday morning after the third alarm chemical leak was discovered near the 10th floor of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. According to CBS Chicago, police described the leak as "consistent with an intentional act" and are currently investigating it as a crime.

However, not everyone was concerned. "We have a lot of costumers out here with big fluffy costumes that'll keep people warm," one fur fan told Chicago's WBBM, "so at this point we're not worried."

[Image via WBBM-TV]